> Agreed - when I revamped the install.txt file a few months ago I also did
> new version of the intall.xml file and asked for it to be committed to the
> doc cvs tree (I wasn't on the doc mailing list at the time, and I'm not
sure
> my karma is up to fiddling with the doc tree). Anyhow, it didn't happen,
and
> both files have been changed quite a bit since then. It took me over a day
> do the xml file (largely because I'm totally unfamiliar with the tagging
you
> use) and I can't spare that amount of time at the moment. I think that the
> install.txt file is currently more correct than the manual with regard to
> windows installation, and it also contains useful hints and tips for
common
> installation problems which should go into the manual.
>
> I'm happy to work with someone familiar with the php doc system to sort
> things out.

I am here :)) I can spend some hours with this on the weekend.
The install.txt file should be used from the current CVS version,
or from the PHP 406 distribution? That install.txt seems to be
a text version of our install.xml's windows parts (looking
only at the layout).

Also that need to mentioned, that everybody with php source tree
write rights can commit to phpdoc as well, as said by Rasmus.

Goba