From: "Jirka Kosek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
>
> > > What is the exact syntax, will we still be defining commas and
'and'
> > > within the blocks?
> >
> > Yes. It seems that using lists is much more complex for the
rendering,
> > as it involves adding commas and and words only where needed
> > programatically.
> >
> > <note role="seealso">
> >  <function>print</function>, and
> >  <function>echo</function>
> > </note>
>
> You can't put mixed content directly into note in DocBook. You
must wrap
> it with para:
>
> <note>
> </note>
>
> > <somelisttag role="seealso">
> >  <function>print</function>
> >  <function>echo</function>
> > </somelisttag>
>
> This will require change in DocBook, you can use simplelist
instead:

> <note role="seealso">
> <simplelist>
> </simplelist>
> </note>
>
> > but the note form allows us to do things like this:
> >
> > <note role="seealso">
> >  <function>print</function>, and
> >  the notes on the <link linkend="secutity.cgi">CGI
> >  security page</link>
> > </note>
>
> Once again, you must wrap it inside para:
>
> <note role="seealso">
>  <para>
>   <function>print</function>, and
>   the notes on the <link linkend="secutity.cgi">CGI
>   security page</link>
>  </para>
> </note>
>
> > Either we choose "note" or "somelisttag", it is better
> > than the current style. I have not seen too many
> > comments about this on the list so far...
>
> IMHO <note> is on semantic level very close to seealso. Using role
is
> standard DocBook way to make it different from standard note.

Jirka, please don´t make changes for the rendering of the "see also"
notes until there is a solution for the incomplete PDF manuals. IMHO
it is an overkill. It is much better to write the "see also" notes
as before. Indeed it will be too complex if you consider the other
languages with different rules for rendering.

-Egon