Hallo Gabor,

> Hi!

> As now we have separate groups of files for every extension, we
> can talk again about grouping of extensions by purpose.

> I made some small investigations. We have <reference> for an
> extension. This is only allowed in <book> and <part>, so we need
> to make every gruop a <part> to make this work... But <part>s
> can only be in books, and so this would only work, if we would
> have the reference part as a separate <book> (this would
> not mean a separation from the PHP Manual, but a separation on
> the XML level).

> The other way is to go a bit deeper, and drop <reference>,
> as <refentry> (which we use for individual functions) can
> be under a <sectx> [where x is 0 < int < 6] or <section>.
> A <section> can contain virtually anything (we already use
> sections under our <partintro>s).

> So we can go the way to have a separate <book> for the
> reference part, and have the groups as <part>s, or we can
> drop <reference> and use <section> instead of that.

> Which way to go? I don't know right now, what to vote for...
> BUT we need to decide on this, as these are the only
> two methods as I can see to solve our grouping problems.

I vote for drop the <refence> and replace this with section-parts.
Why? From my point of view we have one book with several parts. One
part of this book is the funcref and therefore it should not be a
sepearate book (on the xml level). Grouping functions to topics like
database and so on, this topics become chapters of the general book
and this should be modelled with XML.

 Friedhelm

 Friedhelm