> Well, no file in the en tree is using $Author$ comments, but many
> translation molude such as Italian and Japenese Translation as well as the
> Chinese Molude is using the comment lines as following in every xml file:
>
> <!-- $Revision: 1.6 $ -->
> <!-- $Author: gregory$ -->
> <!-- EN-Revision: 1.18 Maintainer: thomaslio Status: ready -->
> <!-- CREDITS: Gregory -->
>
> However, you may find the second line above of the xml files in Italian or
> Japenese molude are:
>
> <!-- $AUTHOR$ -->
>
> It's not available for cvs to replace it correctly...

So it's not in the howto, because it was not used widely when
the howto's translation section was assemmbled. BTW what's the point
in using that comment, can you please explain me? As you have a
maintainer info in the translation comment and have a list of previous
maintainers in the credits list, why you need to have an $Author?
Which is even not the name of the person, who is the author, but
who last modified the document isn't it?

Goba