Hmm, isn't it better to credit the major authors per page/section?

It seems somewhat arbitrary to say "the most commits in the last year
gets you on the front page".  What if your contributions are good
enough to remain the same over several years; does your name drift out
of the manual?  What if you're the author of a popular section of the
manual, but never touched anything else?  What of people that make
large contributions to a small section?  Are they fairly represented?

To me, it seems fairest to credit authors per page, and have a
complete list of all contributors (no matter how small) in the front
(or the back; there are nearly 300 people in your list).  If you must,
you can list those in descending order of "commit counts", but
alphabetical seems fair to me.

--Wez.