On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Wez Furlong wrote:

> > I don't see why the "PHP Documentation Team"
> > section on phpinfo() can't be similarly selected by some magical
> > community agreement.
>
> I certainly wouldn't object to that, and there are a number of people,
> the phpdoc "regulars", that would get my vote to become the phpdoc
> equivalent of the PHP group, and be listed there in phpcredits(), but
> that is different from being "just" an author of the documentation and
> being credited as such.

Agreed. Maybe one solution is to credit everybody (even the single
committer from 1998) in the manual, but list the "PHP Doc Group" in
phpcredits().

Those people would be only be active people steering the documentation
project, similar to the PHP Group. This way we wouldn't need to worry
about the "Alexander Aulbachs" of the world, but properly can still
highlight the big contributions of the team of folks who are really
helping out with today's manual.

Because I do think it's only fair that these guys get the proper
credit for their work.

-adam

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"