Nuno Lopes wrote:

Livedocs still has a main problem: the links.

What problem? that they are not compatible? or?

Livedocs isn't also working well with windows. Latest changes by Wez to make
the paths relatives broke livedocs on windows, because of diffences on
slashes (/ versus \) between phpdoc build system and livedoc's. I've already
reported this problem a while ago, along with some solutions/patches to
solve the problem.

Since the docs are going to be made and hosted on a linux server, I don't see the big problem with that in terms of making php.net run on livedocs

Once ready for testing (now?), docs.php.net can simply be livedocs like
it used to be (or a shell of docweb) and we won't "advertise" it.  People
will slowly use it this way and the more people start using it the more
people will complain and more importantly the more people will fix
problems and add features.  If a major problem exists there we can
redirect users to php.net/manual/  Also, it should add excitement to
the docweb project, a project few know even exists right now[1].

The docweb project was largely advertised on all doc mailling lists.
Livedocs is in alpha stage. It has a couple of well know bugs. So, first
let's fix them, and then make it public.

Is it the intention that http://docs.php.net is going to some day replace http://www.php.net/docs.php ?

-- Tom