"Derick Rethans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, moshe doron wrote:
>
> > according to the the last changes on ext/xml, here
> > (http://phpil.net/livedocs.patch.txt) patch that:
> > 1. make the livedocs compatible with php >5.0.1
> > 2. make livedocs on php4 the same as livedocs on php5.
>
> I don't see why adding iconv calls helps with this, can you also nicely
> indent your changes in common.php?

The iconv make the output 8bit (according to the assumption that bandwide is
more important then generation speed of cached content). I didn't indent the
common.php to make the patch clear. Here indent version:
http://phpil.net/livedocs.patch1.txt.
If you want the output uft-8, the patch is simpler just to change the
charset here
http://cvs.php.net/co.php/livedocs/themes/default/html_format.php?r=1.12#35
to utf-8 (and in the other themes), save xml_parser_create("UTF-8"); and
ignore all the another changes.

Moshe.