I don't think that the math-test would prevent much spam. It's very easy to automatically read and solve these equations.

Would a verified note submission (e.g. the user provides his eMail- address and he gets a message where he has to click on a link to publish his note) be a better solution? Personally, I think that even that may be bypassed.

Viele Grüße

Sebastian