Another option (in the short-term) is to simply required a valid email address (most of the spam seems to come from the default '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' or 'php-general@lists.php.net').

Nuno Lopes wrote:
I don't like those annoying images either. But we must do something.. I'm tired of receiving a lot of spam notes every day. Using the same system as the bugs site seems to be the best choice.. because my attempts to stop spam (by checking IPs blacklists and by using words blacklist) didn't work for long.

BTW, I don't agree with an 'accept' system. With that, almost zero notes will be approved each day, because no one will like to take the responsability to approve a note. Delete/reject is much simpler and provides a faster way to have good notes on-line.

Nuno