Hi Dan,

Sorry if I came across rudely there, that wasn't my intention.

"Daniel Convissor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Allow me to elaborate on what I mean by "main content" to avoid further
semantic discussions/misunderstandings.  Setting navigational elements,
side bars, footers, etc is totally cool.  This can be done by directly
specifying a font size for those particular elements.

Setting the font size of the main text (the section on pb11's home page
that starts with "The PHP development team would like to announce the
immediate availability of PHP 4.4.9...") is unnecessary and undesirable.

So, in the case of pb11, I respectfully request that the HTML an CSS be
tweaked to put each page block/section into their own div/span/whatever
then setting the font size for each particular section.  So, for example,
the home page would contian the following elements:
* search
* nav header
* left side bar
* main content (don't set the font-size for this one)
* right side bar
* footer

Oh, by the way, the CSS at
http://pb11.php.net/styles/style_uncompressed.css is setting the the body
to 62.5%, not 0.75em (at least as of 10:30 New York time).

As far as I see it the best practice is to not set a font-size for the body tag and to allow <p> to use whatever it wants. Then apply proportional (em) font-sizes to headings and such to make them scale with the browser sizes.

Again, hope I didn't come across wrongly :-)

Regards,
Ross

--
Ross Masters