On Apr 6, 2010, at 7:56 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> A few of us on the Apache HTTP Server documentation team are investigating
> what it would take to add a user commentary system to the Apache HTTPD docs,
> like that used on the PHP docs. What software is used for that? Is it easily
> reusable in other places? Where can I get some more info about it?

The system is custom and was written in the 90's. It contains several files
spread throughout the php.net SVN system, but my old brain is unable to offer
many specifics. The following idea revolves around updating them:

 - http://wiki.php.net/ideas/usercomments

But let's first identify the current system. Hannes researched this a bit while
helping a fellow implement a user comment rating system, so he'll probably have
greater insight. The PEAR manual also implemented a version (in the last few
years) so it might be easier to implement. I'll start updating that wiki idea.

And who knows, maybe the two documentation projects can come up with code
that'll help each other out.

Regards,
Philip