> I can't get the errors locally, Considering we already throw away a
> LOT of errors regarding xinclude when things go wrong
> (print_xml_errors()), I can only suggest excluding the warnings from
> the xinclude() call in configure.php.

I don't remember exactly why these errors were hidden before, maybe Hannes
remembers as he committed them. Regardless, please try the script David used to
demonstrate the errors (or did you?). It really should show them:

<?php
$doc = new DOMDocument();
$doc->load('doc-base/manual.xml', LIBXML_NOENT);
$doc->xinclude();

var_dump($doc->validate());
?>

I tested with libxml 2.6.16, 2.7.3 and 2.7.4.

Regards,
Philip