On Jun 24, 2010, at 12:56 AM, Peter Cowburn wrote:

> Hi Yannick
>
> On 23 June 2010 18:36, Yannick Torrès <yannick.tor...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sounds great!  My only "improvement" would be to perhaps run the build
>>> test immediately after a commit (perhaps only email the author or a
>>> selected list of folks?) if that is feasible.
>>
>> There are 2 points who let me know it's not a good idea :
>> * The build process consume some memory and there is (can be) a "lot of
>> commit" via the editor
>
> There is no requirement that the build process take place on the box
> that runs the editor, is there? I've been playing around with farming
> this sort of task out to "the cloud" but I'm not sure how folks would
> feel with non-php.net hardware. Then again, what does it matter
> between getting a broken build message soon after a commit, versus
> getting one within 24 hours of it being broken... daily (or even less
> frequent for less active translations) may well be "good enough".

It can be on any box, but personally I don't think complicating it is worth the
resources and work involved but if it itches, please feel free to scratch it.
I'm not sure what the best form of ping is, but people don't seem too keen on
having the SVN server ping things with every commit, but maybe hooking
something like identi.ca that everyone could use would actually save resources
(and be more useful) in the end.

Also, I hope people don't get the idea of not validating before svn commits....
;)

Regards,
Philip