Pardon this old doc dinosaur for meddling in this thread, just a couple of
comments:

- IIRC there was never a "notes group" as such. It was mainly a mailing
list, some code we hacked and some rules of thumb, and whoever had the time
will chip in ad do some notes housekeeping once in a while. Ergo, the notes,
code and text should formally be responsability of the doc group (which is a
changing entity over the years).

- Not sure as pointed out by Brandon, that theres is a need for licensing
code snippets separately, they usually are exemplars of concepts and
techniques, small and simple, and not significant enough to warrant all that
work (being that there is a provision for "fair use"). I would suggest the
current doc maintainers to use Occam's razor in this respect :-)

Now, I am not a lawyer, and don't even play one in RPGs, just a crusty old
chemist/code mangler.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

--