On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 14:58, Hannes Magnusson
<hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All this takes us alot closer to be able to provide "live preview" in PhD OE..
> The "whole shebang" (configure.php, phd indexing, phd rendering) for
> one book (mysqli, for example) takes my laptop less then 7seconds[1]
> :D

Quick follow up.. Did some more optimizations... 25% extra :)
The book.mysqli now takes 4second on my laptop.

After that, I realized rendering one page would obviously be quicker
so I tried that out..

$ rm -rf output; time ( php doc-base/configure.php
--generate=en/reference/mysqli/mysqli/real-escape-string.xml ; php
~/Work/OSS/php/phd/render.php --package PHP --format php -d
doc-base/.manual.xml )
[....]
real    0m0.720s
user    0m0.150s
sys     0m0.100s

I think thats acceptable for a live preview? :P

Yannick or Kschan.. Could you implement it into PhD OE? :)

-Hannes