On 05/11/2011 10:28 AM, Philip Olson wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just hacking around to see how interesting these sort of statistics
might be. I've been an opponent of showing commit stats with fear
that people will worry about it, but if this means more commits,
closed bugs, and note moderations then what's wrong with that?
Because we need these benefits. All ideas/thoughts welcome.

It gives some visibility into the work happening that might otherwise
not be obvious unless you follow Doc commits.  I think having it can
add to a sense of community, which may make people more comfortable
joining.

Perhaps the Doc-related reports emails could have a footer promoting
the online editor and/or other main Doc resources.

Chris

--
Email: christopher.jo...@oracle.com
Tel:  +1 650 506 8630