On May 11, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Christopher Jones wrote:

> On 05/11/2011 10:28 AM, Philip Olson wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Just hacking around to see how interesting these sort of statistics
>> might be. I've been an opponent of showing commit stats with fear
>> that people will worry about it, but if this means more commits,
>> closed bugs, and note moderations then what's wrong with that?
>> Because we need these benefits. All ideas/thoughts welcome.
>
> It gives some visibility into the work happening that might otherwise
> not be obvious unless you follow Doc commits.  I think having it can
> add to a sense of community, which may make people more comfortable
> joining.

Nice. Let's also add an API to people.php.net or master.php.net, and then
retrieve full names for the report. And once refined, we could explore similar
reports for other php.net sub-projects.

> Perhaps the Doc-related reports emails could have a footer promoting
> the online editor and/or other main Doc resources.

Good idea. And maybe this will be extra motivation to create a proper "HOWTO
contribute to the php.net project", or at least, to the documentation. And then
we'll add that link to the footer.

Regards,
Philip