On Feb 22, 2012, at 9:08 AM, Daniel Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 08:46, Klaus Silveira <klaussilve...@php.net> wrote:
>> There are many parts of the documentation that could use clear examples in
>> *code*, specially extensions like SSH and LDAP.
>
>    I can't say with absolute certainty that it's still the same, but
> in the past, documentation was explicitly prohibited as a project.
>
>    And, a quick look shows that hasn't changed:
>

> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs#documentation

Hello everyone,

Agreed, that we can't add 'Add PHP examples to the PHP documentation'
as a project for the GSoC. Now, we can do this ourselves of course
(and probably should) but this thread is specific to the GSoC.

But, perhaps a project could exist that's specific to using PHP
extensions. Nothing obvious comes to mind, but a group of smaller
projects involving extensions may or may not work. Some creativity
would be required to make that work for/with us.

So it feels like Adam and Daniel would make a good team for
administrating this, and having co-admins is allowed via the GSoC
app. I believe both Hannes and Marcus performed this task the last
time we did this.

Also, we already have the following mailing list:

  Mail: php-g...@lists.php.net
  News: http://news.php.net/php.gsoc

And as Adam alluded to, our GSoC (and related) situation is outdated.
For example:

  https://wiki.php.net/gsoc

Regards,
Philip