On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Hannes Magnusson <
hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I know you requested an account on August 9th 2010, and later followed
> >> it up in September and again in October.
> >

> > As I recall, actually, I only followed-up once.  But I could be
> mistaken; it
> > was two years ago, after all.
>
> That is why we have archives:
> http://php.markmail.org/thread/jueltca2ssd7ujmw
>

> >> At somepoint someone approved your account, but at that point in time
> >> the approval notice was not sent to a public list. That didn't change
> >> until I fixed that earlier this year.
> >> Which means I don't know who approved your account - because that
> >> person never gave you any karma at all at any time, as you can clearly
> >> see by looking at the global_avail file.
> >> That is however not really relevant information, just would be
> >> interesting to know.
> >

> > I'm pretty sure the approval was on the open list, though he may have
> > forgotten to do a reply-all.  I'll have to look through my inbox.  I
> don't
> > remember who it was off the top of my head.
>

> I am not telling you how I think the system works. I am telling you
> this is how it works.
> Approving a VCS account request is a manual thing done by pressing a
> "approve" button on master.
> This button used to only generate an email to the requester, and to
> group@. No public records.
> That mail furthermore did not used to contain who actually approved the
> account.
>
> Unless someone mailed you directly, you wouldn't know who approved it
> - again, at that point in time.
> This is no longer the case with today approvals/rejections.

> >> What does that mean? How did you edit the files? Where did you commit
> >> them?
> >> Do you have a concrete example?
> >> Searching my mailbox shows you have only ever used your account to
> >> submit couple of bug tickets, and comment on two or three.
> >

> > I'm not sure.  This was all the way back in 2010.  I remember the UI was
> > very different though.  But if what you say is true and it was always
> > Docbook, then the only logical explanation is that I'm remembering
> something
> > else.
>
> We did have "the OE" in 2010. And that is the *only* UI we have ever had.
>

> > I have used this account primarily for updates to the Wiki thus far.
>  I've
> > also done some comments and handled a few bugs.  In addition, I
> submitted an
> > RFC and it passed unanimously, though I'm still (slooowly) getting my new
> > dev environment setup so I haven't committed the code change to Git yet.
>

> bugsweb and wikiweb karma comes with the approval of an VCS account.
> Same with editing/reject user notes and community events.
>
> I know you have made about dozen or so comments on bug reports using
> your php.net account.

> [...]

Ugh....  If I'd known this wasn't already setup, I'd have thrown together a
patch and sent it out two years ago.  Somebody did email me directly but I
don't remember whom; I'll have to go back and find out.

Would you prefer a doc patch or a code patch, or does it matter?  Come to
think of it, I'm pretty sure I sent a code patch for including seasonal
calculations in the date() function back in 2010 (either as part of the
original request or subsequently, I'm not sure).  Can you find it?  If so,
why was that patch not sufficient?  Was it simply overlooked or did I do
something wrong?

--Kris