On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Hannes Magnusson
> <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > As I recall, actually, I only followed-up once.  But I could be
>> > mistaken; it
>> > was two years ago, after all.
>>
>> That is why we have archives:
>> http://php.markmail.org/thread/jueltca2ssd7ujmw

^^^^^ Click this link

[...]
>> > Ok, so should I contact Philip or do you have time to take care of this?
>>

>> I want you to show us a patch, just like anyone else, before we grant
>> you any karma.
>>
>> -Hannes
>

> Ugh....  If I'd known this wasn't already setup, I'd have thrown together a
> patch and sent it out two years ago.  Somebody did email me directly but I
> don't remember whom; I'll have to go back and find out.

Would be fun if you could look up who sent you that mail.

> Would you prefer a doc patch or a code patch, or does it matter?  Come to

Depends on the repository you want access to.
If you want access to commit docs; doc patch.

> think of it, I'm pretty sure I sent a code patch for including seasonal
> calculations in the date() function back in 2010 (either as part of the
> original request or subsequently, I'm not sure).  Can you find it?  If so,
> why was that patch not sufficient?  Was it simply overlooked or did I do
> something wrong?

Yes, I can find it. Did you not click the link? (See also "click here"
just above).

That patch was never committed. I don't know why it wasn't committed.

That patch is not sufficient because there is absolutely no need for
an VCS account, or karma for that matter, to commit one patch.
To get karma we want several patches and "approven interest in
continuing contributions".

We have dozens of people who can commit drive-by patches.

-Hannes