On 19 May 2013 01:04, Jakub Vrana <vr...@php.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to undocument PHP < 4.3. It means that all mentions like
> "Available since PHP 4.3" would disappear from PHP Manual. Nobody uses
> these version anymore and it just clutters the documentation. We've done
> this previously for PHP < 4. I'll probably leave the mentions in the
> DocBook but comment them out.

See the recent discussion on "Undocument PHP4" -
http://php.markmail.org/thread/mldubfcdmdzr3efp

The idea being, move any inline mention of PHP 4 to change log entries. I
think it is still good to keep those change logs available, and to show at
the top of a page whether a function was available in PHP 4 or not with the
version info.