On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Hannes Magnusson
<hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already started working on a PhD output format to help with the
> transition.
> The current format I am targetting looks something like the document attached.

I ofcourse forgot to attach it..

-Hannes
# SYNOPSIS

int function strpos(
    string $haystack,
    mixed $needle,
    int $offset = 0
)

Find the position of the first occurrence of a substring in a string

# DESCRIPTION

Find the numeric position of the first occurence of `$needle` in the
`$haystack` string

# PARAMETERS

- `$haystack`
  The string to search in
- `$needle`
  If `$needle` is not a string, it is converted to an integer and applied as
the ordinal value of a character.
- `$offset`
  If specified, [search will start][0] this number of characters counted from
the beginning of the
  string. Unlike [FUNCTION:STRRPOS] and [FUNCTION:STRRIPOS], the offset cannot
be negative.

# RETURN VALUE

Returns the position of where the needle exists relative to the beginning of
the `$haystack` string
(independent of offset). Also note that string positions start at 0, and not 1.
Returns [TYPE:FALSE] if the needle was not found.
[SNIPPET:RETURN.FALSEPROBLEM]

# CHANGELOG

| Version | Description
---
| 5.2.6 | Something cool happened
| 5.2.2 | If the `$offset` parameter indicates the position of a negative
truncation or beyond, false is returned. Other versions get the string from
start.

# EXAMPLES

Using _===_:
``php
<?php
$mystring = 'abc';
$findme   = 'a';
$pos = strpos($mystring, $findme);

// Note our use of ===.  Simply == would not work as expected
// because the position of 'a' was the 0th (first) character.
if ($pos === false) {
    echo "The string '$findme' was not found in the string '$mystring'";
} else {
    echo "The string '$findme' was found in the string '$mystring'";
    echo " and exists at position $pos";
}
?>
``