Hi Henrik,

I just went and read that too - "links per inode" would include both
directories or files or a mix of both. I checked the filesystem code
for this, the ext3 inode is limited by a 16bit "links_count". Under
linux (UNIX) a directory simply contains a list of names and their
inodes (a "link") - there is no difference at that level between a
"file" and a "sub-directory".

So, yes, that applies to files, too.

Alex, can that number of db files be reached (likely, not probable,
impossible)???

Rand