Hi Henrik,

> It seems to me that the 64bit version will be completely incompatible
> with the old 32bit databases/blobs.

Yes. Though they are completely compatible on the Lisp source level, a
database file itself cannot be exchanged between the two versions (and a
32-bit app and a 64-bit app cannot communicate via PLIO when external
symbols are involved).

> Alex how will you go about migrating all the old databases?

I believe it is straightforward to write a conversion program. But on
the other hand, I will probably not migrate any existing application, as
I see no technical reason for it. Perhaps apps running in 32 bits are
even more efficient?