On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 07:11:43PM +0200, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> I just checked the ext3 limits on wikipedia, apparently it can't
> handle more than roughly 32000 sub folders inside a folder, it's

No problem. There are never more than 64 subdirectories or files in a
blob-directory.

As always in picoLisp, is all very simple: The name of the external
symbol is 'chop'ped, and 'glue'd with the slash (lib/db.l:394):

   (de blob (Obj Var)
      (pack *Blob (glue "/" (chop Obj)) "." Var) )

Then 'Var' is the relation's name, and gets appended as the file's
"extension".

For example, the '+Item' class in the demo application has two blobs

   (rel txt (+Blob))                      # Memo
   (rel jpg (+Blob))                      # Picture

If you have an '+Item' '{3-1a7B}' with both a memo and a picture, then
these blobs will be the files

   blob/app/3/-/1/a/7/B.txt
   blob/app/3/-/1/a/7/B.jpg

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Alexander Burger<a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> So the correct procedure is:
>
>    (put!> Article 'body T)
>    (out (blob Article 'body)
>       (prinl "a really long text") )

The 'put>' method of the '+Blob' relation class takes care of creating
the path of directories. So it must be _before_ the 'out' statement.