I would welcome the results of your efforts, and contribute where I could,
but I think it would be best to make calls to BLAS and LAPACK, since they
are battle-tested. I am currently working my way through a book 'Handbook
of Neuroevolution through Erlang', but I prefer Lisp. Erlang is just better
at the fault tolerance, distributed thing.
Lush2 Lisp was used for heavy numerics, so you may want to look there for
some guidance, however the Sourceforge site is down at the moment.
I am currently trying to get PilOS running on Qemu on a Win 8.1 64bit
machine. I'd love to have that and computational intelligence libraries
working in 64bit PicoLisp! Hey, how about PicoCi or PicoCI?

Rob