Hi Robert,

> I tried saving a file (3dtext.l) to the misc directory in PilOS, but I
> could not see it when using the (dir "misc"). I am suspecting I need to
> write it and save it from within PilOS?

You can put a file into a directory while building the PilOS image:

Enter the path in "pilos/lib/init.l" into the global *IniFiles, and
create that file in "pilos/init/".

All files which have a 'T' in *IniFiles are automatically 'loaded' when
PilOS boots.

You may also add it to 'initFiles' in "pilos/Makefile", but this is
needed only for the (temporal) dependency.

And, yes, you can also create a file at runtime, using 'out' just like
in normal PicoLisp.

   : (out "my/path/file.l" (println ...) (println ...) ..)

> How to add a library to PilOS such as the OpenGL one that is native to the
> 64bit PicoLisp distribution? Do you have to add it to the source and
> recreate the img file?

This is rather meaningless. You can't execute a library written for
Linux (or any other operating system) under PilOS. For example, you
would first need the whole X11 system. Then you would need a loader
program which reads those libraries into memory, relocates them, and
links them with other libraries. And even then it would not work, as the
calling conventions, register usage (the ABI) are different.

So you must first port X11 and OpenGL to PilOS. A surely interesting
task ;)

♪♫ Alex