Hi Jean-Christophe!

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 02:33 -05:00, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> There is also a maintenance issue for the official mode. From what I
> understand, there seems to be 3 different versions of that mode and the
> authors are not active anymore (and have not been for 6 years)...

That's ok.  They are working fine for us for years anyway.  Many of us
(including me) know elisp and can fix them, but honestly, there has never been
an issue with them.

> In all honesty, if picolisp had not been maintained and updated for 6
> years, would you consider using it ? I don't think you would.

I agree.  But also,. I would argue that that's not exactly an apples-to-apples
comparison.  Editor configurations are much easier to work with and much less
complex than language and virtual machine implementations.  I'll leave the
latter to Alex. :)