Hi Jean-Christophe!

Sorry, I forgot to address the other things you mentioned.

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 02:33 -05:00, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> The discussion is not about changing anything for people who already
> use one or the other mode. It is about proposing something easy to
> use *and* not confusing to new comers.

OK.  I understand.  There were also some specific questions or issues
that you noticed (e.g., on Debian-like systems) in another email you
sent which I took to mean that you did not quite understand how emacs
packages can be installed and how emacs can (maybe, should) be
configured.  I tried to answer that in another email I just sent.
Sorry, if I was off base -- was just trying to help.  If you already
understand all that; then, fantastic.

> Besides for the merits of the various modes and the merits of having
> multiple modes, I think there is a big documentation issue. It is
> easily fixable and since that information is on the wiki that's
> something I can fix.

That's great.  Always strike when the motivation is there, I always
say!  Glad you are thinking about that.

> Then there is literally a ressource visibility issue at least on
> Debian. This one is not easy to fix and requires information from
> the Debian packager. I can ask for more information and see if there
> is a relatively easy fix.

The "resource visibility issue" that you described (in your other
email) sounded like a misconfigured emacs setup to me.  But I'm sure
you will look into that to rule out that possibility.  Thank you for
looking into potential Debian issues.

Cheers, --Rick