> I tried running dlpsh - it started up, I pressed sync, and it looked
> like the Palm was doing a sync but then dlpsh stopped without me being
> able to enter a command.

        Something else is wrong.

> I then tried a regular pilot-xfer -l and it worked!  I have no idea why
> running a dlpsh would cause it to work, but it does.

        dlpsh is simply a diagnostic tool I use for testing connectivity,
and the benefit is that it allows much more granularity than the other
monolithic tools like pilot-xfer. If dlpsh worked and gave you the 'dlpsh>'
prompt, but pilot-xfer would not connect, I suspect something else is wrong.
PILOTPORT set right? port speed correct? 16450 vs. 16550AF?

        My first recommendation would be to grab at least the release
version of 0.9.5, and not any of the pre-releases, or even better, grab HEAD
from the cvs, and help us squash out the bugs in the upcoming release. Since
you are running an architecture that we're currently having a couple of
"snags" with, that would help us considerably. If you use the 0.9.5 release,
be aware there is a small bug which slipped into the release that affects
pilot-addresses. You can see the fix here, if you compile and use that
release version:

http://cvs.gnu-designs.com/cgi-bin/vcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pilot-addresses.c.diff?r1=1.20&r2=1.21&cvsroot=pilot-link

        Hope that helps... I should have a pretty large commit by the end of
this week. Much work going on in the innards of the cvs there.

/d