From: "David A. Desrosiers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> monolithic tools like pilot-xfer. If dlpsh worked and gave you the 'dlpsh>'
> prompt, but pilot-xfer would not connect, I suspect something else is wrong.
> PILOTPORT set right? port speed correct? 16450 vs. 16550AF?

what happened is this - I typed dlpsh /dev/ttyb .  It prompted me to press
the hotsync button.  I did.  The palm said it was connecting.  It then said
it successfully completed the connection.  At that point, dlpsh showed
the input prompt and then returned to the shell prompt.  From that point
on, the palm appears to be able to connect to the machine.

>       My first recommendation would be to grab at least the release
>version of 0.9.5, and not any of the pre-releases, or even better, grab HEAD
>from the cvs, and help us squash out the bugs in the upcoming release.

I would be happy to use something newer.  However, my connectivity right now is
a bit strange - I can most reliably get files by finding a tar file I
can grab via http.  Does anyone make a tar snapshot of more recent
CVS contents?

>Since
>you are running an architecture that we're currently having a couple of
>"snags" with, that would help us considerably.

I would be happy to help where I can.

>       Hope that helps... I should have a pretty large commit by the end of
>this week. Much work going on in the innards of the cvs there.

Once I see something mentioned here on the list I will go in search of
a tar of the info.
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>