I'm very happy with jpilot, but my company is migrating to Outlook & Exchange,
in large part for the calendaring features. I often get mail announcing a new
event for me.

I would like a way to automatically enter those events into my Palm Pilot (and
have them appear in jpilot). It would be fairly easy (using procmail & perl) to
detect those messages and parse them. I would like some way of adding them
directly into my jpilot calendar.

I see the following alternatives:
        API to jpilot to allow programmatic text entry (does this exist?)

        modify the databook.pdb file on disk and force jpilot to reload it or
        sync w/o jpilot

        modify the DatebookDB.pc3 file on disk and force jpilot to reload it,
        then sync via jpilot

        modify output from jpilot-dump (iff there's a program to re-load
        files produced by jpilot-dump)

Any suggestions?

----
Mark Bergman    Biker, IATSE #1 Stagehand, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic
'94 Yamaha GTS1000A
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
5+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman