On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 08:24:13PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> "James Higginbotham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Can someone please tell me the best way to get Pilot-link to compile
> > on windows nt/2000. I downloaded Watcom C++ 11.0c from
> > openwatcom.org but cannot get it to build since they don't provide
> > sys/socket.h and other files. All I want to do is have install-*
> > available so I can do some nifty "as seen on TV" stuff from emacs
> > and scripts. If someone can zip up their exes compiled and tested on
> > Windows that would be great, too! I'm mostly programming in other
> > languages, and its been about 5 years, so my C/C++ skills are more
> > than rusty, esp on Windows.
>
> I'd say that you have a fighting chance of getting it working with
> Cygwin and that trying to make it work without an environment like
> that is probably madness.

Yes. I have gotten a lot of software to run on Cygwin on a W2K laptop
recently, including various X11 window managers and tons of GNU software.
With Cygwin the port is possible (if not trivial).

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)