Alexis Rago wrote:
> You do not need the film holder for scanning negatives or
> transparencies on the Epson 2450.  The holder is used for getting
> thumbnails on the scanning software so you can do some some things
> before the image is scanned.  You can just place the negative under
> the light and the scan will take place as a flatbed except you have
> scanned a negative.  This can give a great deal more versatility and
> I have also found that the thumbsnails software often malfunctions.

I figured as much, but I haven't had time to try it.  I'll probably
cut up a piece of black foam board or oak tag to serve as a
positioning guide.

I don't use the Epson software.  I use VueScan.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "But in the new approach, as you know,
reyno...@panix.com              |  the important thing is to understand