well,

I mean that we can't say that a chemical + otical + physical process is the same as a physical + electronical one.

I live among both universes, and I am very happy mixing them. My paper boxes and my scanner (which has a CCD), my monitor and printer, as I believe most of the digital folks here also do.

when pinholing, what matters to me is the image I am working to express.

I love pinhole, thats why I am here in this list.
but I see that most of the people just don't get what digital image is about yet. try to think that your photoshop only do what someone told it could do in its programming, as someone else did when created a 28 mm lenses.

If new programming arise, new ways of pinholing (and seeing the world) may be brought with it. thats what I mean. The beauty is that we will have more options to choose from.

[]s
luish
http://www.ignore.com.br

Lisa Reddig wrote:

All I can say is HUH???

I don't get it.  Maybe that's why I make sure to keep my photographs and my
computers very far away from each other.

Are you saying that digital folk are just as obsessed with CCD's and KPT's
as I am with aluminum foil, black tape boxes and plastic chemical containers
of all shapes and sizes?

Lisa

I must desagree with you, Lisa. the digital darkroom is a totally
different experience. Let's try to take a look at this subject from a
perspective of ten years in the future. Photoshop and similars were
first invented from the reference in the material world of silver plate
behaviours, etc., but the digital deals with different atoms that we
call pixels, and I believe it will grow even more different as the years
go by.

In phisical photography we are totaly envolved with the camera and the
nature of film and paper.
In digital photography we have the lenses (or not, the astronomical
digital cameras are pinholes) AND the CCD, which is a chip.
A chip captures what its software tells it to capture. it may capture
heat or infrared or whatever set of lightwaves we wish.
can you imagine if Kay Krause would program a CCD? (Krause invented the
out-of-earth plugin KPT and Bryce).
I believe that the CCDs we have today are only little kids playing the
regular human eyes game.

I have built a pinhole from my digital sony DSC-70, I saw the CCD, it is
a beautiful piece of blue cristal.

[]s
luish

http://www.ignore.com.br