I must desagree with you, Lisa. the digital darkroom is a totally different experience. Let's try to take a look at this subject from a perspective of ten years in the future. Photoshop and similars were first invented from the reference in the material world of silver plate behaviours, etc., but the digital deals with different atoms that we call pixels, and I believe it will grow even more different as the years go by.

In phisical photography we are totaly envolved with the camera and the nature of film and paper. In digital photography we have the lenses (or not, the astronomical digital cameras are pinholes) AND the CCD, which is a chip. A chip captures what its software tells it to capture. it may capture heat or infrared or whatever set of lightwaves we wish. can you imagine if Kay Krause would program a CCD? (Krause invented the out-of-earth plugin KPT and Bryce). I believe that the CCDs we have today are only little kids playing the regular human eyes game.

I have built a pinhole from my digital sony DSC-70, I saw the CCD, it is a beautiful piece of blue cristal.

[]s
luish

http://www.ignore.com.br

an Ansel Adamss

Lisa Reddig wrote:

OK, I'm gonna be the PHOTOSHOP BAD person.

I don't understand why so many people think working on a computer is easier
than working in the darkroom.  They will spend hours and hours dodging and
burning and sharpening in front of a monitor, while complaining about how
hard it is to do it in the darkroom.  Why should I sit in front of a
computer for hours to do what I can do sitting in a darkroom for hours?
Some people are hesitant to make the switch because it is not a necessary
switch. It is just a preference.
Lisa