Hi:

I was able to tone the cyanotype T-shirts I made and inadvertently
"bleached" in the laundry.  I soaked them in a tannic acid solution.

I did get impatient and add some vinegar - this speeded things up but
changed the tone to a purplish brown, instead of a reddish brown.

Will have to fiddle with toning cyanotypes now.

I will wash the T-shirt again and see if the toned image tolerates laundry
detergent.

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2