Another suggestion.  Find an old Brownie box camera that takes
120 film and that has time exposure capability.  They should
be $5.00 or so.  It is easy to take the lens out and put in
a pinhole.  Then you will have 6x9 cm images instead of 35mm
and can still get commercial processing.  I mostly do paper negatives
with home made cameras and do the processing in my darkroom.  I just
made a stereo pinhole camera out of a cookie tin.  It was a great
excuse to by a box of chocolate cookies.