Anyone has tried converting a 35 mm camera to pinhole ?

I have modified  an old Pentax  Spotmatics Reflex camera , the idea was that
using a 35 mm format will make it easier to experiment with various types of
films . film drive , sutter timing , tripod attachement and  release cable
are already there  and any local photo shop will process the films  for me .
I turned a "lens" boby on my lath that allows the metal foil be located 28
mm from the film .
I discovered that  with this camera  I can flip the mirror up permanently
without disabling other camera functions ( except for the viewfinder that
obviously is shut off )

I use 0.02 mm copper foil .The pinhole  was made under a x70 stereo
microscope by using a very sharp pin ( honed under the microscope  ) on hard
back surface .
the buurs on the oposit side had  to be very carefuly treated with no. 400
sandpaper to get a perfect hole . Although not a sraight forward job , I can
get perfect holes as small as 0.05 mm diameter ( I have scale on the
microscope )  . there is no chance to get any smaller with manual pin
puncturing tecniques .

I experimented with a 0.1 mm hole , got some good close up pictures well
exposed with Kodak gold 400 ASA( using f: 120 on the light meter ) but the
results are  quite " out of focus " on 10x15  prints .

I wander if going  further to a 0.05 hole will worth the panelty in  the f
number .
Is there an  optimun hole size  for best sharpness ?  or is it the smaller
the better .

I hear that some people are converting plastic 35 mm cameras  , I wander
what holes they use  and how sharp is the resultant image  they get .

Zami