Looked at the Polaroid site - they sell a number of backs

see http://www.polaroid.ca/html/products/hardware/filmhold/fsFilmhold.html

I'm assuming a 550 back would work.

Yeeeeears ago I fiddled around with making my own Polaroid back.  I has a
bunch of 4x5 single sheet polaroid (I forget the number)

I have a back for these, but I was able to figure out how to process the
film without the back. Its very easy

You simply roll a something hard and round (I used a large jam jar) over
the film starting from the chemical pod end - it bursts the pod and
spreads the chemicals onto the film and viola a processed polaroid.

The single sheet films have a paper darkslide with the pod, that fits over
the film.  The single sheet back has a latch to hold the film in place
allowing you to pull the darkslide out of the way to take a picture.

When you're done taking you move a lever it disengages the latch and
pushes two rollers together to burst the pod.

A pinhole back could be made to mimic the latch mechanism. - the
processing can be done with a jam jar

Of course once you get pinhole polaroids you'll want to try polaroid
transfers :)

http://www.kathleencarr.com/

Gord