Hi

Andrew Davidhazy's scanner camera info is at:

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-better-scanner-cam.html

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-demo-scanner-cam.html

A scanner is actually a very specialized digital strip camera.  Its designed to
construct a
digital image (much like a circuit camera) of a piece of paper as the scanner
element moves
below the paper.

To get these to work as a camera one would have to disable to interior
illumination

If anyone ever gets a scanner converted to a camera it would be cool to modify
the imaging
element movement so that it rotates around an axis instead of moving in a
straight line.
If the images element could rotate it might be able to take digital panoramics
:)

Or even better - set up the camera so that it take constructs linear strip
images of various
lengths as the camera is moved - you could move the camera along and construct
very long
strip iamges.  All sorts of very cool images could be made.

Gord