View Camera a year ago had an thing on someone rescuing some 100 year old
plates -- I think the scanner was mentioned. I'm at work (aughhh) so I
can't check my back issues, but try the web site viewcamera.com I think and
click the contact button and you'll get Steve Simons. It was a good article
on saveing plates though.
Dean