----- Original Message -----
From: "Matti Koskinen" <mjkos...@koti.soon.fi>

> I have Corel PhotoPaint) I use only Linux and Gimp, win98 crashes almost
> every time I try to scan.

You're doing the plugging but not the "praying", obviously.  Remember W98 is
plug and PRAY!

> I placed a #0 filter behind my camera and took photos. They're still
> drying, but looks like they are really much better with tonality than
> without the filter. Filter kit I have is Ilford Multigrade. The tests I
> made showed that in a clear sunshine without filter 30 sec. was enough
> but using filter 2 mins. had to be exposed. Any reason for this long
> exposure? The guide in the filter box says that when enlargening using
> #0 filter has no effect in exposure time.

2 reasons:

-Those filters are made to filter tungsten light and you are using them to
filter daylight.  That may account for the increased time.
-Since the use of the filter increases the uncorrected exposure time,
reciprocity corrections become a bit drastic and increases the reciprocity
corrected time even more.

> My camera is 4x5 from an article of Popular Woodwork, searching the web
> gave this link, but I printed the article so I don't have the url anymore.
> Focal length is 120 mm.

Here is the link:
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features/fea.asp?id=1048

Guillermo