I use an Epson 2000P and am very pleased with it indeed.  Used with a high
quality paper the result is very worthwhile and the detail is.... well if
you want more detail then perhaps you need to stop using a magnifying glass
to look at the pictures with.  The archive quality means that I can present
the prints without fear of the image deteriorating as long as they are
treated like  watercolours.  There is now a wide range of papers available
for inkjet suitable for most types of images and destinations.  The cost per
print is relatively high, but then this is reflected in the image quality
which is high indeed, filling a gap between lithographic printing and the
extremely expensive silk screen printing.
It is ideal for pinhole photographs.

Alexis