From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of The Painted
Horse
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 1:18 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] Art 21: Ann Hamilton

Lisa,

I too understand about being a little uncomfortable shooting in public.
What helped me with this issue was to go someplace that didn't have a
lot people present.  I used to shoot a lot of seascapes from the beach
close to where I used to live.  I would go there early on the weekend
mornings because of the light quality and because there were usually no
more than a handful of people there as well.

Actually I became so comfortable there that I started to explore every
knook and cranny of this small stretch of beach.  It's amazing what you
can find in a tiny area when you look at it from all angles.   After
several weeks of going to the same place, I started to notice that the
people I saw were there on the same consistent basis that I was.  They
themselves became familiar even though I didn't know them, which led to
me being more comfortable.  After a while, some of them approached me
and asked what I was doing.  They were genuinely curious and I got a
chance to explain to them about pinhole photography and what it was.

http://www.???????/discussion/