Lisa,

I too understand about being a little uncomfortable shooting in public.
What helped me with this issue was to go someplace that didn't have a
lot people present.  I used to shoot a lot of seascapes from the beach
close to where I used to live.  I would go there early on the weekend
mornings because of the light quality and because there were usually no
more than a handful of people there as well.

Actually I became so comfortable there that I started to explore every
knook and cranny of this small stretch of beach.  It's amazing what you
can find in a tiny area when you look at it from all angles.   After
several weeks of going to the same place, I started to notice that the
people I saw were there on the same consistent basis that I was.  They
themselves became familiar even though I didn't know them, which led to
me being more comfortable.  After a while, some of them approached me
and asked what I was doing.  They were genuinely curious and I got a
chance to explain to them about pinhole photography and what it was.

Bill-

Lisa Reddig wrote:

 It's rather awkward.  I can't even take pictures in public, outside of
my apartment.  I always feel like people are stareing at me.  It makes
me really uncomfortable, so I don't enjoy doing my art, so therefore I
tend not to do it.  The process of making the image has become so
private and personal to me that I can't share it with anyone.  Except my
cats of course.  I may be limiting myself, but this limit has caused me
to explore more in