Hi Dieter,

> The problem is, that I would like to see the pinhole images as soon
as
> possible to decide if I should do them again (due to the
uncertainties
> of the exposure of a pinhole image) before I head on to the next
> place.

If you will be photographing areas of natural scenic beauty or
historic interest, a bigger problem than finding photo labs may be
finding a lab close enough to where you'll be making images to go back
and reshoot.  The states that you'll be traveling in are huge with
small
populations (except in the immediate area of Denver).  The distances
between population centers and scenic areas defies belief.  It
could be several hours or a day to drive from scenery to lab.

Investigating labs on the internet and then contacting them before
your trip to make sure they process your format of bill will help.
Bill's suggestion of thoroughly testing the camera and perhaps
overexposing might be the best idea overall.  Using a medium format
Zero and
bracketing might work well also.

Tom

FAST FACTS (from the internet).
Germany:
    137,838 square miles ... population 81,264, 000
Montana area:
    147,046 square miles....population 902,195
Colorado area:
    104,247 square miles....population: 3,294,394
Wyoming area:
     97,818 square miles.....population appx.. 450,000
South Dakota area:
     77,121 square miles...population: 696,004