Hi leezy,

Perhaps I should experiment with paper and see what happens.

I guess that what I would do is to place the exposed sheet of paper
in-and-out of the fix bath, then rince it for 10-to-20 minutes, then put it
in the developper bath.  Whatever amount of silver halyde which has not been
fixed during the brief plunge in the fix would then be developped, while the
rest would stay clear.

Interesting idea.  I'll report when I have had a chance to try it, perhaps
this weekend.

Cheers,

Guy