Yeah, you should really mix your powder stock chemistry the day before and
allow to cool. For sheet film I use HC110B, so I'm mixing 1/2 ounce of
developer in 15.5 ounces of water. (and not hot) For roll film I use TMax
developer at 1:9, so again, only small amounts of developer into the proper
temp wanter. I will never use powder chemicals again.